MBBS(HK), FRCS(Edinburgh), FHKCOS, FHKAM(ORTH)
Deputy Chief of the Division of Orthopaedic Trauma
Clinical Assistant Professor and Honorary Associate Consultant
- Orthopaedic trauma of wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip and acetabulum, knee and ankle
- 3D printing for deformities, trauma and musculoskeletal conditions
- Reverse shoulder replacement surgery
- Patient specific instrumentation
- Osteoporotic injuries
Christian Fang is the clinical assistant professor and honorary associate consultant at the University of Hong Kong. He provides clinical service at the Queen Mary Hospital, Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital, and the Hong Kong University Shenzhen Hospital. His clinical, research and publications area focus on general orthopaedic trauma surgery, osteoporosis, polytrauma, pelvic acetabular fractures and clinical applications of 3D printing. He has received overseas training in Germany, Switzerland, China, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Australia. He holds the Harry Fang gold medal award from the Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr Fang is heavily engaged in clinical training of younger orthopaedic surgeons and is an active faculty for the AO Foundation, SICOT and the HK college of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is faculty and organizer of over 40 international courses and educational events.
- Fang C, Alabdulrahman H, Pape H-C. Complications after percutaneous internal fixator for anterior pelvic ring injuries. International Orthopaedics 2017:1-6.
- Fang C, Wong TM, Lau TW, To KK, Wong SS, Leung F. Infection after fracture osteosynthesis – Part I. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2017;25-1:2309499017692712.
- Fang C, Wong TM, To KK, Wong SS, Lau TW, Leung F. Infection after fracture osteosynthesis – Part II. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2017;25-1:2309499017692714.
- Fang C, Liu R-P, Lau T-W, Leung A, Wong T-M, Pun T, Leung F. Is It Time to Phase Out the Austin Moore Hemiarthroplasty? A Propensity Score Matched Case Control Comparison versus Cemented Hemiarthroplasty. BioMed Research International 2016;2016:7.
- Fang C, Gudushauri P, Wong T-M, Lau T-W, Pun T, Leung F. Increased Fracture Collapse after Intertrochanteric Fractures Treated by the Dynamic Hip Screw Adversely Affects Walking Ability but Not Survival. BioMed Research International 2016;2016:1-8.
- Fang C, Fang B, Wong T-M, Lau T-W, Pun T, Leung F. Fixing a fractured arthrodesed hip with rapid prototype templating and minimal invasive plate osteosynthesis. Trauma Case Reports 2015;1-9-12:79-83.
- Fang C, Gibson W, Lau TW, Fang B, Wong TM, Leung F. Important tips and numbers on using the cortical step and diameter difference sign in assessing femoral rotation–should we abandon the technique? Injury 2015;46-7:1393-9.
- Fang C, Lau TW, Wong TM, Lee HL, Leung F. Sliding hip screw versus sliding helical blade for intertrochanteric fractures: a propensity score-matched case control study. Bone Joint J 2015;97-B-3:398-404.
- Fang C, Chiu KY, Tang WM, Fang D. Cementless total hip arthroplasty specifically designed for asians: clinical and radiologic results at a mean of 10 years. J Arthroplasty 2010;25-6:873-9.
- Fang C, Chau JY, Woo SB, Lau TW, Kwan K, Leung F. Propagation of bisphosphonate-related femoral stress fractures despite femoral nailing: a cautionary tale from 2 cases. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 2014;5-1:14-7.
- The Senate (elected member), The University of Hong Kong, 2/2016-Active
- AO Trauma Asia Pacific (Hong Kong) Committee member 1/2014-Active
- Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association, Trauma Section Committee Member 2/2016-Active
- Convocation of The University of Hong Kong, standing committee 12/2016 – Active
- Best Paper Award, 19th Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association Congress, Melbourne, 2016
- Harry Fang Gold Medal Award, Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2010
- 1st prize, Prof SP Chow Orthopaedic Contest, 2009
- 2nd Best Resident Paper, 15th Asian Congress of Surgery, 2005
- Outstanding Internship Award, Department of Surgery, Queen Mary Hospital, 2003
- US Provisional Patent (Submitted March 26, 2015). S Kulper, C Fang, F Leung, WW Lu. Anti-Penetration Bone Implant Device and Method.
- International PCT Patent (PCT/CN2016/078336 submitted 2 April 2015) Kulper, S.A., Lu, W.W., Leung, F.K.L. and Fang, C.X., Versitech Ltd. Anti-penetration bone implant device and method.
- U.S. Provisional Patent (62/532,220 submitted 13 July 2017) Kulper, S.A., Boles, E.A., Fang, C.X., Leung, F.K.L. and Lu, W.W., Versitech Ltd. Surgical extraction device for bone implant tips.
- International PCT Patent (PCT/CN2017/100889 submitted 7 September 2017) Kulper, S.A., Ngan A.H., Guo, M., Lu, W.W., Leung, F.K.L. and Fang, C.X., Versitech Ltd. Bone Model, Modelling Process and System Therefor.
- China Invention Patent (201680019612.2 submitted 28 Sept 2017) Kulper, S.A., Lu, W.W., Leung, F.K.L. and Fang, C.X., Versitech Ltd. Anti-penetration bone implant device and method.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent (15/563,544 submitted 29 Sept 2017) Kulper, S.A., Lu, W.W., Leung, F.K.L. and Fang, C.X., Versitech Ltd. Anti-penetration bone implant device and method.
- European Patent (16771420.3 submitted 24 Oct 2017) Kulper, S.A., Lu, W.W., Leung, F.K.L. and Fang, C.X., Versitech Ltd. Anti-penetration bone implant device and method.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent (US 2019/0015220 A1 published 17 Jan 2019) Kulper, S.A., Boles, E.A., Fang, C.X., Leung, F.K.L. and Lu, W.W., Versitech Ltd. Surgical extraction device for bone implant tips.