BDSc (Hons), PhD
Research Assistant Professor
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-3213-7373
Link to Google Scholar
Link to HKU Scholars Hub
- Skeletal maturity and growth studies
- Clinical epidemiology and predictive modeling for disease management
- Health-related quality of life
- Idiopathic and congenital scoliosis
- Developmental spinal stenosis
- Low Back Pain
- Cheung PWH, Canavese F, Chan CY, Wong JSH, Shigematsu H, Luk KDK, Cheung JPY. The Utility of a Novel Proximal Femur Maturity Index for Staging Skeletal Growth in Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2022 Jan 6.
- Cheung PWH, Cheung JPY. Sanders stage 7b: Using the appearance of the ulnar physis improves decision-making for brace weaning in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Bone Joint J. 2021;103-B(1): 141-147.
- Cheung, P. & Cheung, J. (2021). Does the Use of Sanders Staging and Distal Radius and Ulna Classification Avoid Mismatches in Growth Assessment with Risser Staging Alone? Clinical orthopaedics and related research, 479(11), 2516–2530.
- Cheung, P., Mannem, A., & Cheung, J. (2021). Prediction of Final Body Height for Female Patients With Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Global spine journal, 11(6), 833–844.
- Lai MKL, Cheung PWH, Samartzis D, Karppinen J, Cheung KMC, Cheung JPY. Clinical implications of lumbar developmental spinal stenosis on back pain, radicular leg pain, and disability. Bone Joint J. 2021 ;103-B(1) :131-140.
- Cheung, P., Wong, C., Lau, S. T., & Cheung, J. (2020). Cost analysis comparison between conventional microsurgical decompression and full-endoscopic interlaminar decompression for lumbar spinal stenosis surgery. Journal of spine surgery (Hong Kong), 6(4), 721–728.
- Cheung PWH, Wong CKH, Cheung JPY. Comparative Study of the Use of Paediatric Quality of Life Inventory 4.0 Generic Core Scales in Paediatric Patients with Spine and Limb Pathologies. Bone Joint J. 2020 ;102-B(7) :890-898.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Supine flexibility predicts curve progression for patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis undergoing underarm bracing., Bone Joint J. 2020 Feb;102-B(2):254-260.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Yeng WC, Chan LCK, Does Curve Regression Occur During Underarm Bracing in Patients with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis?, Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2020 Feb;478(2):334-345.
- Cheung PWH, Fong HK, Wong CS, Cheung JPY. The influence of developmental spinal stenosis on the risk of re-operation on an adjacent segment after decompression-only surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis. Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B(2): 154-161.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Luk KD. When should we wean bracing for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477(9):2145-2157.
- Cheung PWH, Hu Y, Cheung JPY. Novel compression rat model for developmental spinal stenosis. J Orthop Res. 2019;37(5):1090-1100.
- Cheung, P., Wong, C., & Cheung, J. (2019). Differential Psychometric Properties of EuroQoL 5-Dimension 5-Level and Short-Form 6-Dimension Utility Measures in Low Back Pain. Spine, 44(11), E679–E686.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Samartzis D, Luk KD. Curve progression in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis does not match skeletal growth. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2018 ;476(2) : 429-436.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Law K, Borse V, Lau YM, Mak LF, Cheng A, Samartzis D, Cheung KMC. Postoperative rigid cervical collar leads to less axial neck pain in the early stage after open-door laminoplasty – A single-blinded randomized controlled trial. Neurosurgery. 2018.
- Cheung PWH, Wong CK, Samartzis D, Luk KD, Lam CLK, Cheung KMC, Cheung JPY. Psychometric validation of EuroQoL 5-Dimension 5-Level (EQ-5D-5L) in Chinese patients with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders. 2016 ;11 :19.
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Samartzis D, Cheung KM, Luk KD. The use of the distal radius and ulna classification for the prediction of growth : peak growth spurt and growth cessation. Bone Joint J. 2016 ;98-B(12) :1689-1696.
- Cheung, P., Tam, V., Leung, V., Samartzis, D., Cheung, K. M., Luk, K. D., & Cheung, J. (2016). The paradoxical relationship between ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and developmental lumbar spinal stenosis. Scoliosis and spinal disorders, 11(1), 26.