MBBS (HK), MMedSc
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr Jason Pui Yin Cheung joined the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology as a Clinical Assistant Professor in November 2012. After obtaining his MBBS degree from The University of Hong Kong in 2007, Dr Cheung received his training in Orthopaedics at Queen Mary Hospital. He completed his membership examination in 2009 and obtained his Masters of Medical Sciences degree from The University of Hong Kong in 2012. His main research interests are degenerative spine conditions, spinal deformity and orthopaedic infections.
Basic and clinical research related to pediatric spine deformity, skeletal maturity and novel treatment methods
Basic and clinical research related to degenerative disorders including chronic neck and back pain
Novel imaging and clinical phenotyping
- Degenerative spine conditions
- Spinal Deformities
- Orthopaedic infections
- Cheung JPY, Wei WI, Luk KDK. Cervical spine complications after treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Eur Spine J. 2012 Dec 1.
- Cheung JPY, Ho KWY, Lam YL, Shek TWH. Unusual presentations of osteoarticular tuberculosis in two paediatric patients. BMJ Case Reports 2012 ;10.1136/bcr-2012-006714. Published 2012 Oct 19.
- Cheung JPY, Fung BKK, Ip WY. Review on mallet finger treatment. Hand Surgery 2012 ;17(3) :439-47.
- Cheung JPY, Fung BKK, Ip WY, Chow SP. Mycobacterium marinum infection of the hand and wrist. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2012 Aug ; 20(2) :214-8.
- Cheung KMC, Cheung JPY, Samartzis D, Mak KC, Wong YW, Cheung WY, Akbarnia BA, Luk KD. Magnetically controlled growing rods for severe spinal curvature in young children : a prospective case series. Lancet. 2012 May 26 ;379(9830) :1967-74. Epub 2012 Apr 19.
- Cheung JPY, Ng LM, Chow W, To M. Fat embolism syndrome in a child with dystonia musculorum deformans. BMJ Case Reports 2012; 10.1136/bcr.12.2011.5466. Published 2012 Apr 18.
- Cheung JPY, Chow W, To M. Osteonecrosis and femoro-acetabular impingement : sequelae of developmental dysplasia of the hip. BMJ Case Reports 2012;10.1136/bcr.12.2011.5455. Published 2012 Mar 20.
- Cheung JPY, Chan CF. Cutout of proximal femoral nail antirotation resulting from blocking of the gliding mechanism during fracture collapse. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2011 Jun ; 25(6) :e51-5.
- Cheung JPY, Fung BKK, Ip WY. Mycobacterium Marinum Infection of the Deep Structures of the Hand and Wrist: 25 Years of Experience. Hand Surgery. 2010 ; 15(3) : 211-216.
- Cheung JPY, Fung BKK, Mak KC, Leung KH. Multiple triggering in a Girl with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome : case report. Journal of Hand Surgery (American). 2010 Oct ; 35(10) : 1675-7.