MBBS(HK), FRCS(Ed), FHKCOS, FHKAM(Orth)
Dr. Cheung obtained her undergraduate medical degree from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and joined the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Queen Mary Hospital in 2010. She became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2016. She currently provides clinical services at Queen Mary Hospital and Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital. She is also the current Chair of the Young Fellows’ Committee of the Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Primary knee and hip arthroplasty
– Special interest in bearing surfaces
- Complex knee and hip arthroplasty
- Frailty in the elderly
- AR Hodgson Award for Best Clinical Paper, 38th Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress (2018) for her paper titled “Ten- to Sixteen-Year Follow-Up of Highly Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Total Hip Arthroplasty: What Factors Affect Wear?”.
- Best Oral Presentation Award, 7th Annual meeting of the Arthroplasty Society in Asia (2019) for her paper titled: “How well do elderly patients do after total knee arthroplasty in the era of fast track surgery?”.
- Arthur Yau Award for Best Clinical Paper, 40th Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress (2020) for her paper titled “The Burden of Disease in Patients Awaiting Joint Replacement Surgery: A study of 2091 patients”.
- David Fang Trophy for Best Paper in Adult Joint Reconstruction, 40th Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress (2020) for her paper titled “The Burden of Disease in Patients Awaiting Joint Replacement Surgery: A study of 2091 patients”.
- Yim Ling Amy Cheung, Wai Hung Chester Lie, Hung Lit Chow, Wai Lam Chan, Kwun Hung Kevin Wong, Siu Bong Woo, Wing Cheung Wong, Are the Current Size Options of Glenoid Baseplates for Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty Sufficient for our Local Population?, Journal of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rehabilitation, Volume 21, 2016
- Cheung JPY, Cheung PWH, Cheung AYL, Lui D, Cheung KMC. Comparable clinical and radiological outcomes between skipped-level and all-level plating for open-door laminoplasty. European spine journal : official publication of the European Spine Society, the European Spinal Deformity Society, and the European Section of the Cervical Spine Research Society 27(6): 1365, 2018
- Cheung A, Yan CH, Fu H, Cheung MH, Chan PK, Chiu KY. Ten- to Sixteen-Year Follow-Up of Highly Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Total Hip Arthroplasty: What Factors Affect Wear? J Arthroplasty 34(9): 2016, 2019
- Cheung A, Yan CH, Chan PK, Chiu KY. The Medial Collateral Ligament in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: Anatomy, Biomechanics, and Injury [published online ahead of print, 2020 Feb 24]. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2020;10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00355. doi:10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00355
- Chan PK, Hwang YY, Cheung A, et al. Blood transfusions in total knee arthroplasty: a retrospective analysis of a multimodal patient blood management programme [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 6]. Hong Kong Med J. 2020;10.12809/hkmj198289. doi:10.12809/hkmj198289
- Cheung, A., Fu, H., Cheung, M. et al. How well do elderly patients do after total knee arthroplasty in the era of fast-track surgery?. Arthroplasty 2, 16 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s42836-020-00037-5
- Chan VWK, Chan PK, Woo YC, Fu H, Cheung A, Cheung MH, Yan CH, Chiu KY. Universal haemoglobin A1c screening reveals high prevalence of dysglycaemia in patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty. Hong Kong Med J. 2020 Aug;26(4):304-310.
- Chan VW, Chan P, Fu H, Cheung MH, Cheung A et al. Preoperative optimization to prevent periprosthetic joint infection in at-risk patients. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. May 2020.
- Fu H, Yan CH, Cheung A, Cheung MH, Chan VWK, Chan PK, Chiu KY. Robotic-Arm Assistance Simplifies Hip Arthrodesis Conversion to Total Hip Arthroplasty. Arthroplasty Today. 2020 Nov 3;6(4):877-887