The Division of Paediatric Orthopaedics welcomes overseas doctors to visit our division as fellows. In general, the waiting list can be quite long. Early application is therefore advised.
Clinical Paediatric Orthopaedics Fellow
- Provide full clinical duties including routine patient care on wards, emergency on-call, attending out-patient clinics, ward rounds, clinical case conferences and participating in surgical operations;
- Other duties as assigned by the Division Chief or his designate;
- Participation in a clinical or basic science research project.
- Qualification required:
- A medical degree recognized by the Medical Council of Hong Kong;
- Evidence of completion of his/her specialist orthopaedic training, or its equivalent;
- Offer is contingent upon granting of temporary registration by the Hong Kong Medical Council.
- Period of appointment: 6 months.
- Emoluments: HK$20,000 per month (honorarium), depending on experience.
For the full clinical fellowship, applicants are requested to submit their application consisting of:
- A full CV
- A covering letter stating the requested timing for the fellowship (see below)
- 2 reference letters from their referees.
There are two 6 monthly fellowships per year, one starting on the 1st Jan of each year and the other 1st July. Decisions for awarding fellowships are made one year in advance, thus the closing date for application for a particular year will be one year prior to the starting date (i.e for Jan 2021 fellowship, closing date is 31st Dec 2019).
Applications and enquiries can be made in writing or by e-mail to:
Dept of O&T, The Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital
12 Sandy Bay Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong