Since 1961, the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong has committed to providing international-standard trainings to undergraduates and postgraduates, offering first-class orthopaedic services to the community, enhancing basic and clinical research, as well as fostering a strong network with reputable regional and international orthopaedic centres.
To celebrate this important milestone, we would like to invite talents to submit their designs for a young, dynamic, international anniversary logo.
Awards & Prizes
Grand Award (1 winner): HKD 2,000
Runners-up (3 winners): HKD 500
Winners will also be invited to join the Department’s grand finale banquet and the award presentation ceremony during the banquet.
- The Competition is open to all.
- The Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong has the final decision on the eligibility of participants.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “60th Anniversary Logo Design” on or before 6:00pm, 30 October 2020.
- Each applicant is only allowed to submit one entry.
- The attachment(s) should not exceed 10MB in total.
- Each submission must include the following items:
- Soft copy of the logo in jpg; and
- A signed application form in soft copy, which contains an assignment of intellectual property rights agreement.
- Each entry must include a brief description (no more than 200 words in English) illustrating the design concept.
We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt. The Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong cannot be held responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
The purpose of the contest is to design a 60th anniversary logo for the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise.
The design of the logo should deliver the message of celebrating the Department’s 60th anniversary and bring out a young and dynamic image. Reference should be made to design and colour schemes of the University of Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine and Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology. The logo should reflect aspects of the rich history of the Department, achievements over the past 60 years, and /or the forward looking and dynamic nature or our work in research, teaching and service. The design should also be simple and easy to read.
The judging panel will be comprised of the 60th Anniversary Organising Committee members. The panel will make their judgment based on the following criteria:
- Creative concept
- Colour usage
- Potential meaning
Intellectual Property Rights
- Entries must be original and free from infringing on the rights of third parties.
- Participants must be the sole owners of the intellectual property rights of the design.
- Entries must not have been used for other purposes or by third parties.
- By joining the Competition, participants agree to assign the intellectual property rights to for the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong.
- The organiser retains the right to amend and revise the winning logo design.
- The organiser is entitled to implement the design, ideas and concepts of the winning entry for events pertaining to the 60th anniversary or any other future projects of for the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Hong Kong.