Ph.D., M.Phil., B.E
Postdoctoral fellow (2014~present)
Dr. Wenshu Qian obtained her bachelor’s degree at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and astronautics, and master’s degree at the Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University in China. She then obtained her PhD degree at the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, HKU in 2013, and is now working as a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, HKU under the supervision of Dr. Yong Hu. Her main research area is in advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques in head and spine imaging, including diffusion tensor/kurtosis imaging, arterial spin labeling and fMRI. She is also interested in the combination of MRI techniques and electroencephalography.
- Advanced MRI techniques in head and spine imaging, including diffusion tensor/kurtosis imaging, arterial spin labeling and fMRI
- Combination of MRI techniques and electroencephalography
- Medical image processing
- Mak HK, Lai SW, Qian W, Xu S, Tong E, Vance ML, Oldfield E, Jane J, Jr., Sheehan J, Yau KK and Wintermark M. Effective time window in reducing pituitary adenoma size by gamma knife radiosurgery. Pituitary. 2014.
- Lee EY, Khong PL, Lee VH, Qian W, Yu X and Wong MP. Metabolic phenotype of stage IV lung adenocarcinoma: relationship with epidermal growth factor receptor mutation. Clin Nucl Med. 2015; 40(3):e190-195.
- Mak HK, Qian W, Ng KS, Chan Q, Song YQ, Chu LW and Yau KK. Combination of MRI hippocampal volumetry and arterial spin labeling MR perfusion at 3-Tesla improves the efficacy in discriminating Alzheimer’s disease from cognitively normal elderly adults. J Alzheimers Dis. 2014; 41(3):749-758.
- Qian W, Chan Q, Mak H, Zhang Z, Anthony MP, Yau KK, Khong PL, Chan KH and Kim M. Quantitative assessment of the cervical spinal cord damage in neuromyelitis optica using diffusion tensor imaging at 3 Tesla. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011; 33(6):1312-1320.
- Qian W, Zheng S, Tang C, Li Q, Zhang H. Bremsstrahlung converter for high-power irradiation linacs. J Tsinghua University (Sc. & Tech.). 2008; 48(8):1276-1278.
- Efficacy of diffusion kurtosis imaging in detecting brain and spinal cord damages of demyelinating diseases
- Clinical pain assessment by non-invasive neuroimage techniques of magnetic resonance imaging and electroencephalography
- In-vivo assessment of nutritional pathway of intervertebral disc